Finding Balance and Healing
Everyone deserves to live a healthy and fulfilled life. That’s why Superior Health and Wellness provides individual counseling virtually and in person in Jacksonville, FL to improve health and well-being. We offer various therapies including cognitive, dialectical, and mindfulness therapies for individuals who prefer to connect with a professional privately. We are focused on the overall well-being of our patients and seek to relieve suffering caused by depression, anxiety, trauma, difficult emotions, and more. We provide a judgment-free environment where you can express yourself and heal freely.
Benefits of Psychotherapy
Psychotherapy, is a therapeutic intervention where individuals, couples, or groups converse with a trained therapist to explore and address personal difficulties. This time-tested method offers several benefits, grounded in research and clinical observation:
- Self-Awareness and Insight: Psychotherapy can help individuals better understand their behaviors, emotions, and thoughts, fostering self-awareness and paving the way for positive change.
- Skill Development: Therapy often introduces coping mechanisms and tools to manage stress, anxiety, and other challenges, empowering individuals to handle future obstacles more effectively.
- Emotional Release: Discussing and reflecting on troubles in a safe environment allows individuals to express suppressed feelings, leading to emotional relief.
- Improved Relationships: By enhancing communication skills, understanding one’s patterns, and promoting emotional maturity, therapy can mend strained relationships and cultivate healthier interpersonal interactions.
- Behavioral Change: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other modalities can help individuals reframe negative thought patterns, resulting in more positive behaviors and reactions.
- Support System: Therapists act as a supportive, neutral party, especially valuable for those who may feel isolated or misunderstood in their personal networks.
- Healing Past Traumas: Techniques like Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) are specifically designed to help patients process and heal from traumatic experiences.
- Promotes Holistic Well-Being: Beyond addressing mental health issues, therapy encourages a balanced life, where physical, emotional, and mental health interplay harmoniously.
What Are Mental Health Disorders?
Mental Health disorders include occasional, frequent, or constant factors that influence the way an individual behaves, thinks, feels, or functions. Many adults, teens, and children have a mental health condition that plays some part in their lives. Common mental health conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
What Are the Signs of a Mental Disorder?
If you or a loved one experiences one or more of the following signs of a mental disorder, we encourage you to seek help from a professional as soon as possible:
- Frequent or constant feelings of panic, worry, or concern.
- Chronic feelings of sadness, unhappiness, or dissatisfaction.
- Severe mood swings range from extreme happiness to sadness or anger.
- Insomnia or inconsistent sleep patterns.
- Inability to stay focused on tasks, thoughts, or behavior.
- Obsessive thoughts that seem impossible to stop thinking about.
- Chronic fear, anxiety, and stress reactions after a traumatic event.
- Seeing or hearing things that aren’t real (but feel real).
Helping Teens Improve Their Mental Health
At Superior Health and Wellness, we treat and help teens with the same high-quality care as adults. We’re here to maintain a comfortable, progressive environment for you and your teen to work through your mental health. We help and guide teens with the following:
- Sharing: We help teens feel free and confident to share their thoughts and feelings with their parents and others.
- Teen and Parent Relationships: Both teens and parents get stressed out. We help teens and parents work through their mental health and life issues together in a calm, productive way.
- Self-Care Practices: We teach teens and parents self-care practices they can use to cope with their mental health and restore their minds and bodies.
The Primary Types of Individual Therapy
Our therapies include:
Helps reverse negative thoughts and behaviors.
Explores thoughts and emotions and past traumas and heals through open conversation.
Focuses on emotional control and regulation.
Teaches awareness techniques to help patients to concentrate in the moment.
Explores the unconscious mind to discover hidden truths and realizations about the self.
What Can I Expect From My Therapy Session?
First and subsequent therapy sessions usually involve the following:
- A one-on-one session that lasts between 45 minutes to an hour.
- A therapist who first gathers information about your mental health history.
- Engagement and practice in your chosen form of therapy.
- Take-home exercises so you can nurture mental health in your daily life outside the office.
- Complete confidentiality unless you or someone else is in immediate danger.
Caring for the Entire Individual
At Superior Health and Wellness, we consider all factors and aspects that play a role in mental health, including thoughts, emotions, past experiences, and current circumstances that cause distress. We aim to partner with our patients and guide them through their troubles and toward happiness and joy. Please feel free to schedule your first appointment with us. We’ll discuss your current mental health and life and develop a treatment plan to achieve your goals and desires.